Tracing on Grafana Cloud
Grafana Cloud is a fully managed observability platform for your applications and infrastructure. Leverage the best open source observability software without the overhead of installing, maintaining, and scaling your observability stack.
Your new account includes free forever access to:
- 10k series for Prometheus or Graphite metrics
- 50GB of logs
- 14-day data retention for metrics and logs
- Access for up to 3 team members
- Plus a 14-day trial of Grafana Cloud Pro to explore unlimited metrics, logs, users, and premium features.
Tracing made simple
Powered by Grafana Tempo, Grafana Cloud provides an easy-to-use, highly scalable, and cost-effective distributed tracing system.
- Grafana Cloud Agent provides support for Tempo, using the same service discovery as Prometheus and Loki
- Significantly more performance and cost-effective — no more sampling
- Drastically easier to operate — no Cassandra, Elastic, etc.
- OpenTelemetry, Zipkin, and Jaeger compatible. Tempo ingests batches in any of the mentioned formats, buffers them and then writes them to Azure, GCS, S3 or local disk.
Easily find relevant traces
Sampling, only recording traces for a subset of your requests, is a common technique for controlling the resource usage of many systems. Tempo doesn’t index the traces — making it possible to store orders of magnitude more trace data for the same cost, and removing the need for sampling. Tempo instead relies on deep integrations within Grafana to allow you to pivot seamlessly between metrics, logs, and traces.
Action items for a successful transition
- Sign up for a free Grafana Cloud account.
- Follow the instructions in this tutorial to learn how to install and start running checks.
- If you need help understanding how features and setup compare between worldPing and Grafana Cloud, read this blog post.
Made for you, managed by us
Operate at scale
Grafana Cloud is built with modern distributed systems techniques to grow with your applications and infrastructure. No artificial limits or barriers, just true horizontal scalability.
- Easily scale past 100M+ metrics
- 13-month metrics retention for trend analysis and capacity planning
- 30 days of log retention
Reduce operational overhead
Let our team manage and maintain the service so you always have:
- Automatic upgrades that alleviate the need for maintenance
- Guaranteed availability with 24x7 on-call support
- Capacity to scale with your growth
Get a centralized view into your observability, wherever it lives.
Tightly integrated log aggregation and storage with Loki
Dedicated Grafana instance with unlimited dashboards
Easy-to-operate, highly scalable, and cost-effective distributed tracing system with Grafana Tempo
Super fast Prometheus- and Grapite-compatible backend